Technology is changing at a rapid pace, and many homeowners are looking for ways to keep up with the trends in the industry. In this article we will discuss whether home automation will impact your property value. It is amazing to see the conveniences that are available if you choose to integrate automation into your home. Whether you are building a new home or renovating an existing home, these features can make your home desirable to potential buyers in the future.
Improving the Convenience of Your Home with Technology
Home automation is the perfect solution if you are looking to reduce utility bills, improve convenience, and maximize security and safety in the home. Not only can you enjoy these benefits while your family is living in the property. But, these upgrades will make your home desirable for potential buyers when you decide to sell. People want to enjoy the luxury of an automated living environment, which means that buyers will pay more for properties that have these features installed.
Options for Your Home Upgrades
What automation features should be installed in your home? Here are some of the best solutions that will help with property value:
- Smart Thermostat: Everyone is looking for ways to reduce utility costs, which is why smart thermostats are so popular. These products can be managed from your smartphone. So, you can adjust the temperature at home from any location.
- Smart Lighting: How would it be to turn off the lights without getting out of bed? Smart lighting is another feature that can be controlled by a touchscreen device.
- Smart Shades: Consider the time that you spend opening and closing the blinds each day. You want to bring in the sunshine, but it can be a hassle to manually open every window shade. Simplify this process by installing smart shades that open or close with the touch of a button.
- Security Systems: You have the option to choose a security system that matches the needs of your family. Basic systems offer motion detectors so that you know when someone opens the door or is moving through the house. Or, select upgraded features that incorporate cameras so that you can see who is outside.
- Keyless Entry: Are you one of those people who seems to always lose your keys? Or, maybe it is a hassle to dig the keys out of your purse when you get home. Keyless entry makes it possible to get inside, even if you don’t have the keys in hand.
- Home Theater System: Make family movie night memorable by installing a home theater system. A projector and speaker setup offers the perfect solution to create a theater experience without leaving the comfort of your home. Also, consider installing a speaker system throughout the house if you want to listen to music in every room.
If you need other tips to improve the quality and value of your home, then DUFFY Realty is here to help. Call our team at (678) 318-1700
If you enjoyed this article on whether or not automation will impact your property value, read this The Best Gift You Can Give Your Family Is a Safe Comfortable Home.