The farmhouse style is one of the strongest trends in the real estate industry right now. This article will discuss simple DIY projects to create a farmhouse style in your kitchen. Whether you are improving your property to enjoy a beautiful home with your family, or you are looking for ways to make your property more desirable on the real estate market, you might consider the advantages of giving your kitchen a facelift. A few small changes can go a long way to help you create a fresh farmhouse look for your kitchen.
Simple DIY Projects for Your Kitchen to Create the Farmhouse Look
If you enjoy DIY projects and you have time to work on your home, then you might consider these strategies to improve the appearance of your kitchen. Another option is to hire a handyman or small contractor to help with the renovations that you desire. Here are some of the simplest projects that will have the biggest impact on the overall appearance of the room:
- Open Shelving: Tear out some of the bulky cupboards and create more space in the room with open shelving. These shelves are easy to install; all you need is a piece of wood, a few brackets, and a stud finder.
- Painted Cabinets: How long has it been since the cabinets where repainted? If you are sporting outdated colors in the kitchen, then it might be time to pull out the sander and paintbrush. White is a great color that goes with most farmhouse-inspired styles, although some of the latest trends are incorporating natural wood colors to bring warm tones into the kitchen.
- Food Storage Containers: Wire baskets add a nice farmhouse feel and provide a great place to hold fruits and vegetables. Or, you might use wire as a place to store napkins or cooking utensils. Also, consider placing large glass canisters with ingredients that are commonly used, such as dried beans, rice, popcorn, flour, and more.
- Metal Accents: Choose a color theme for the room, such as galvanized metal or copper. Then, look for ways that you can accent the room with metal highlights. For example, you might add metal hardware on the cabinets, a matching faucet at the sink, as well as chairs in the dining room to match.
- Oversized Sink: A large, farmhouse sink is not only practical, but it creates a classy look. Home buyers love to see a big, deep kitchen sink that will facilitate all of the activities that will happen in the kitchen over the years.
There’s no doubt that you will love the results when you are done with your simple DIY project that will create a farmhouse renovation kitchen. If you need inspiration for your home, then you might look at current real estate listings with similar designs. Or, do a quick search on Pinterest and you’ll find many images that can be used as inspiration for your project.
If you need help preparing your home for the real estate market, then DUFFY Realty is here for your family. We’re working hard to offer the best real estate services in the Atlanta area. Call today to talk to an industry professional: (678) 318-1700
If you liked this article on Simple DIY Projects to Create a Farmhouse Style in Your Kitchen, Here’s another article about making your home look great!